Thursday, December 3, 2009

I just know he's gonna hate it

Sometimes I like to try flavors that are a bit out of the norm - my Kicked Up chocolate Chip Cookies, Mexican Chocolate Cookies, Orange Chocolate Chipsters, Chai Sugar Cookies, well, they are all examples of that tendency. And those are just the ones that actually work. Today, because I have a leftover piece of puff pastry hanging around, I decided to try making Lemon-Rosemary Palmiers. Ay, there's the rub. David hates rosemary. Hates. But I love the idea of the palmiers with the acid and the woodsy flavor melting into the sugar, not to mention the decadence of puff pastry (like I said before, not your everyday ingredient in this house.). And hey, there was only enough dough for about two dozen cookies. Just enough to try, not enough to OD.


First batch just came out of the oven - smells sooo good. Here's a photo, because I remembered to actually take one. Yep, still on the baking tray, because I don't want to take the chance of forgetting. I think I will use the leftover lemon zest-y sugar to make lemon cupcakes, as I am super-conservation girl (actually, just hate to throw stuff out). Will let you know - maybe even see - how those come out.



Dvora

No comments:

If you like the pictures you see here but would love to see more updated photos, make sure to check out our Facebook page! In the meantime, we will do our best to keep the blog a little more current.