Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Scattered thoughts

Just a few things on my mind:


1. Jerusalem Post columnist Liat Collins commented this week about the irony that the fact that only 242 rockets have been launched into Israel this year makes it a quiet year. I originally wrote that the rockets "have fallen into Israel," but thought that those words, too, made for some irony.


2. On Shabbat, Ariella saw that I was keeing the rest of the family and guests away from her. She said,"Right, Imma, brothers and sisters have to stay away from a sick person so they don't get sick too, but it's okay for Immas?" Well, it is okay in the sense that taking care of our sick kids is what we do, but clearly, I have no special mommy-strength immune system. David, on the other hand, spent a nice aount of time with Lola, as well (though because of the miracle of timing, missed out on cleaning up vomit and tushie), but has a constitution of steel. Lucky.


3. Recently read Julie Powell's Julie and Julia (yes, I know, I am a little late to the game) and really enjoyed it. She comments about how fortunate she was to have a "rabbit-hole," i.e. the Julie/Julia project, to fall into. I don't know if I am quoting correctly, and I don't know what I think about the real Julie Powell - I was happier not to have read anything else about her - but I fully identify with the feeling. I am so lucky to have found a business opportunity to do what I love, and to love something that I am actually really good at. I don't expect to make my fortune this way, but I will always feel fotunate. (Did you like what I did with the words there? I am feeling so clever today.)

4. I don't know why people don't read more food-related books. No one in my book club seems to be taken with the idea of reading Michael Ruhlman or Bill Buford. Guess it's just me, and my love of food. There, I admit it. I like food: cooking it, eating it, reading about it, reading about people cooking or eating it... I currently have something like 25 food-related blogs bookmarked on my computer. Too much?

End of true confessions and deep thoughts.

Dvora

No comments:

If you like the pictures you see here but would love to see more updated photos, make sure to check out our Facebook page! In the meantime, we will do our best to keep the blog a little more current.