Wednesday, September 16, 2009

476

456 - that's the number of cookies (minimum) that I have to produce for Rosh Hashana. 476 is the number I need to make the platters look right. Baruch Hashem, business is good. But that's a lot of cookies. I am doing a lot of variety, including a few recipes that I developed for the chag, featuring some traditional flavors for the New Year (assuming they come out good, you'll be hearing about them in the near future). And I still have not managed to bake my grandparents' honey chiffon cake. It would not be Rosh Hashana without it, even if David doesn't much care for it. So if I don't get to talk to you on the phone, or if I see you on the street and don't stop to chat, I ask mechila right now. It's nothing personal, just self-preservation. I am attempting to go somewhat incommunicado. It's my lame attempt at time management. And if you do see me up close, please don't let me know if I have bags under my eyes. That's also self-preservation, and the lovely state of denial.

Just a little side note - if you are a regular reader, become a follower! Let me know you are out there. I know you are lurking; my sitetracker tells me so.

Sorry to post and run. To paraphrase the Dunkin Donuts guy, it's time to bake the cookies...

Dvora

No comments:

If you like the pictures you see here but would love to see more updated photos, make sure to check out our Facebook page! In the meantime, we will do our best to keep the blog a little more current.