Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The luckiest girl in the world

On days like today, I truly feel like the luckiest girl in the world. My job is the best. I get to do something I love, something I am good at, and it makes people happy. But on days like today, there is a little something extra. I get to help someone celebrate a simcha. Today, as it often is, it was an engagement. Two people, embarking on an adventure, taking a leap of faith, finding each other. How corny, and how cool. And I get to help them celebrate with their family and friends. There is a pure joy in the baking for a situation like this. I always enjoy baking for Shabbat - it feels like holy work - but a simcha adds something extra. I feel so good about producing something beautiful and delicious for the occasion. And when the people are special and wonderful, like all my customers, of course, it is icing on the cake. Consider this a little love letter to my customers, and a thank you to all of you who allow me to be a part of your simcha. It is a blessing in my life. Dvora

1 comment:

Chaim Lauer said...

And you bring such simcha to our lives.

Abba

If you like the pictures you see here but would love to see more updated photos, make sure to check out our Facebook page! In the meantime, we will do our best to keep the blog a little more current.